My name is Cathy McClellan and I would like to introduce myself as the Democratic Candidate for County Council in Beaufort County, District 10. As a licensed attorney for over 27 years and an experienced mediator and facilitator, I believe I have the essential skills needed to be a successful and collaborative member of the council. My husband and I have been visiting for almost 15 years, we have owned our home here on the island for ten years and we moved full time to Hilton Head last year. We love this community and are proud to call Hilton Head home.
Because of this commitment to our beautiful island, I have decided that I would like to serve the residents of this district by seeking public office. I have been engaged in the political process in many different ways over the years, but I am excited and passionate about the possibility of acting as your elected representative on the County Council.
I believe in the concept of servant leadership and I promise I will be a voice for all members of this community, with special attention to the following:
– I will be an advocate for public transportation and alternative transportation options;
– I am committed to seeking innovative and creative solutions for affordable housing;
– I will support responsible growth and economic development while preserving the unique character and history of our island home;
– I will be a voice for inclusion and diversity;
– I am committed to ensuring accountability and transparency in your County Government.
Although I see these issues as priorities for the people in this district, it is more important that I develop a strategy based on your input. I welcome your comments questions and suggestions and I invite you to call or email me using the contact information listed above.
I would very much like your support on this journey. However, whatever you decide regarding my candidacy, I urge you to vote in the primary election on June 12, 2018, and in the general election on November 6, 2018.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Cathy A. McClellan